Frequently Asked Questions
What age children do you accept and does my child have to be toilet trained?
Toilet training will be different for each child, and Junior Academy Children’s Centers believe that each child should be allowed to progress at their own pace. We work with the families to ensure that all needs are met. Diapers are checked and changed routinely, using gloves to ensure the health of all the children
What are your hours of operation?
Do I need to make an appointment to visit your center?
How do I enroll my child?
- We will need all pages of the enrollment form completed.
- We will need a copy of your child’s most current immunization (shot) record.
- We will need the Enrollment Fees, which are Non-Refundable. (Payment of this fee will guarantee the “space” for your child.)
- We will need a physical signed by your physician within the first 30 days of enrollment (immediately for Toddlers).
- On-Sites need the conduct policy signed and in the child’s file. preschool sites may have a parent questionnaire for you to fill out.
Are there any enrollment fees, and why?
What is the tuition?
Is this a preschool or daycare program?
Can I visit my child during the day?
What qualifications are required of your staff?
- We strive to find those who are warm and nurturing and understand child development
- Those who apply their knowledge in the classroom, and respect each child as an individual
- We seek employees who value working as a team with parents, colleagues, and volunteer
- Meets all licensing requirements for the State of Colorado
- Each staff person has on file three written references pertaining to their character
- We require a CBI and/or FBI background check on every employee
- Must have current physical examinations (Preschool teachers and bus drivers)
- Written verification of previous experience
- Current First Aid and CPR Training (we are the only school that requires this)
- Training in Medication Administration
- OSHA training, a.k.a. Universal Precautions – renewed each year
- 15 hours of on-going training annually (as required by Colorado)
Will my child go on field trips?
How do you ensure the health and safety of my child?
Injury: In the event of an injury, the child will be treated immediately and an accident report will be written, which must be signed by the parent. In the case of all head injuries, the parent will be notified. All Junior Academy Children’s Centers staff members hold current First Aid and CPR certifications. Emergency Personnel will be called if needed.
Safety: Parents are required to sign their child in and out. If not known positively by the staff member on duty, the parent will be required to show proper identification. CHILDREN WILL BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE PROGRAM WITH A PARENT OR AUTHORIZED ADULT ONLY. No child is ever left alone or unsupervised.
What type of discipline is used?
Do I have to pay for care when my child is sick or not there?
Will your Centers be closed on Snow Days?
- Junior Academy and Junior Academy Small Wonders will be open and available for your child to attend on Snow Closures and Delays!
- For District 3,8 and 11 sites, please contact your individual site for more information about care on snow days.
- For our D-20 Programs (Chinook Trails, Academy Endeavor, Mountain View, and Pioneer) will open at 8:00 am on 2 hour delays. (If the D-20 schools close for the day, the children may go to Sunrise Church ( 2655 Briargate Blvd., By the intersection of Union and Briargate. [building =southwest corner] [door=northeast] )
- For Imagination Academy, we run on the District 20 calendar. We will open at 8:30am on Snow Delays and will be closed for Snow Days. You can call either Junior Academy or Small Wonders to see if they have room for your child for the day in the event of a Snow Day and closure.
Please tune to KKTV 11 and watch the scrolling closings info
What do you feed the children?
- Our Preschool Program meets Federal Food Guidelines
- Substitutions will be made for children with allergies. (Severe allergies require a physician’s order of treatment and any other special instructions)
- Any and all substitutions will remain in the same food group, and suggested portion size for your child.
- You are welcome to review menus at any time or talk to the cook at available times.
- Our menu is subject to change.